Follow The Waves
7 Beauty tips on how to make a hair comb your beauty routine staple
Using a comb on a daily basis may seem like the simplest thing to do, but it can make a huge difference to your beauty routine (any of the SALT&WAVE muses would confirm that).
From the perspective of health, here is what trichologists says: combing acts upon the capillaries of the scalp, which helps transport oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles more effectively, thus promoting blood circulation in the scalp, nourishing hair roots, promoting growth and helping reduce hair loss. What is more, combing your hair regularly helps prevent breakage and split ends.
«No doubt hair combs have long been associated with mermaids and their gorgeous hair»
Here are some tips on how to use a comb and style it in your daily beauty routine:
1. It all starts with damp hair: first you either towel-dry your hair or use a hair dryer on a low heat setting. Then, starting at the ends, gently comb through the length of your hair to detangle it. Our acetate hair combs are great for applying hair care products and scalp massage, and also perfect for combing through wet hair and even distribution of an oil or a hair mask.
2. If your hair gets particularly knotty, carefully run your fingers through your tresses before you pick up a styling tool or a hair comb. This will gently ease out knots without pulling your hair.
3. Use the right technique: when combing, start at the ends of your hair and work your way up to the roots. This will prevent tangles and knots from getting worse.
4. Parting tool: if you want to part your hair, use the back side of the comb to create a straight line.
5. Add product: to add some extra hold or texture to your hair, apply product like gel or mousse before combing. For example, if your primary hair care goal is growth and thickness, add a nourishing serum to your routine. This will boost the look of your tresses and prep your hair properly before you comb it. You can also use a comb in the shower — just make sure you apply a hydrating and nourishing conditioner.
6. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles: you can try a classic slick back look, an effortless salty hair inspired style or create a wet hair effect – a hair comb can help you do them all. With the right technique and a bit of practice you can create a variety of styles and make them your own. Most importantly, you will not need to use any harsh grips or hair elastics which can be damaging to your hair.
7. Treat your comb with love: to keep your comb brand-new, clean it regularly with soap and water. And don’t forget to carefully store it in the elegant pouch that comes with every purchase. It will come in handy in the bathroom as well as in your purse.